We love the entire Sloane tea collection, but over the years its become quite clear that our customers definitely have a favourite- in fact this particular blend has developed an almost cult-like following! If you haven’t guessed already, it’s our Heavenly Cream, a rich vanilla bergamot Ceylon black tea that seems to enchant every tea lover it touches, and there’s no better way to enjoy it than in a fluffy, indulgent tea latte!
Tea lattes are an everyday luxury that are easier to make at home than you might think. All you really need is a milk frother, a method to heat the milk, boiling water and tea. Here are our pointers for making the perfect tea latte every time:
1. Milk with higher fat content will provide the best foam, so whether you’re using dairy or a non-dairy option always keep that in mind. We highly recommend vanilla Silk soy milk if you’re avoiding dairy!
2. The ratio for tea lattes is half the amount of water, double the amount of tea. That means if you usually use one rounded teaspoon for a small cup of tea, use two spoons and only fill the cup half full for a latte. Think of it as a tea concentrate, much like a shot of espresso in a normal latte.
3. If you don’t own an espresso machine you can still make tea lattes! Just pick up a milk frother from your local Ikea or kitchen supply shop- they’re super affordable, and work just as well.
3 oz boiling water
3 oz hot foamed milk (we used Silk vanilla soy)
Sugar, agave, or honey (to taste)
1. Steep the tea in the water for four minutes using a filter, sachet bag, or tea ball in the teacup that you plan to use. If you plan on using a larger mug, double the recipe (or measure the ounces and change accordingly to be safe).
2. Foam your milk with a milk frother on the stove over low heat until it’s warm and fluffy.
3. Sweeten the steeped tea with whatever option your prefer. For Heavenly Cream lattes we recommend creamed honey, or vanilla syrup for an extra decadent experience.
4. Add the warm milk and foam until the cup is full. Serve piping hot and enjoy immediately!